Some people aren’t allowed to come to Canada. They’re “inadmissible” under Canada’s immigration law. A Canadian immigration officer will decide if you can enter Canada when you:

  • apply for a Visitor Visa (TRV) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or
  • when you arrive at a port of entry.

There are different reasons you may not be let into Canada, such as security, criminal, or medical reasons.

Normally, if you’re inadmissible to Canada, you won’t be allowed to enter the country. If you have a valid reason to travel to Canada that is justified in the circumstances, you may be issued a Temporary Resident Permit.