Apply Now for Samuel D. Harris Health Research and Policy Fellowship sponsored by Preventech
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry is accepting applications for the Samuel D. Harris Health Research and Policy Fellowship sponsored by Preventech. Pediatric dental residents and individuals in their first five years post-residency (academic or private practice) are eligible to apply.
Expectations and Outcomes
The Harris Fellow will work with the AAPD Pediatric Oral Health Research and Policy Center to complete a project in health policy resulting in a paper to be published in a peer-reviewed journal. The topic of the project and resultant paper will be mutually agreed upon by the Fellow and the AAPD. The Fellow will present the findings of their research at the 2013 Annual Session in Orlando, Fla., by poster and/or oral presentation.
Selection will be based on the applicant's:
- Interest and specific personal goals for the program.
- Relevant activities or roles within their professional sphere (both on-going and future).
- Three required letters of reference (if the applicant is a current pediatric dental resident, one letter must be from the applicant's program director authorizing an absence from training.)
- Proposed research project topic(s).
- Phone interview with AAPD Staff and leadership (if applicable).
Please click here for an application. For more information or if you need assistance with the application procedure, please contact AAPD Educational Affairs Manager Scott Dalhouse at (312) 337-2169 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Applications are due by April 19, 2013.
Back to News